Monday, February 11, 2008

Liquor License

I don't know if this is the Quixote in me but, I'm excited to finally be going through the process of getting a liquor license. It's a fairly serpenting series of steps which are set up with the interests of the neighborhood in mind. I went on down to city hall last week and gave the (extremely) nice woman about 17 pieces of paper, my photo ID, a thumbprint and some money and in exchange I recieved a printout of owners, businesses and tenants in a 350 food radius. She also gave me postcards which I would have to fill out by hand and then give back to her stamped. I ask you, when was the last time you hand wrote anything? I felt I was going to have to put my whole left arm in an epsom salt bath.

I gave back the postcards and if all goes well, I'll come back on Wednesday and get my petition form. In St. Louis, you have to have a majority of neighbors sign your petition for a liquor license. If a majority doesn't sign well....but hey, who doesn't like a little wine?

No comments: