Friday, January 11, 2008

The Grey Lady Weighs In On Extreme Beers


The NY Times Wine reviewers weigh in on"extreme beers". It's a pretty good article with some interactive bits and reviews. There is the above photo of the tattooed wild man enjoying a hoppy beer and getting an adorable little IPA mustache which I'd like to address. The photo indicates, and rightly so, that true enjoyment of "extreme beers" can only be obtained shirtless, bald and tatted up. Though you can't see the New York Times' Eric Asimov in the recorded reviews I can assure you that Mr. Asimov was shirtless while speaking into the microphone. I have it on good confidence that he was ejected multiple times from Brooklyn's Spuyten Duyvil bar for defying their "no shirt, no service policy".

Seriously though, great article. I want to get my hands on the first case of Dogfish Head 90 Minute that they give to beer distributors in St. Louis. You'll see why.

No comments: